How to Make Your Hospital's Instagram Look Artsy
Instagram hates portraits.
That’s the advice Annie Grossinger, a Chicago-based photojournalist, gives her clients.
“In terms of engagement on Instagram, the photos that people like the best are artsy,” Grossinger says. “In healthcare, you don’t want to compromise the integrity of your brand, but not every photo has to be a picture of your staff or patients.”
Here a few photo shots that could spice up your account:
- The sunrise over your hospital’s roof
- A helicopter landing on your helipad
- Your hospital’s healing garden or the flowers outside your building
- A delicious meal from your cafeteria
- Therapy dogs, therapy dogs, therapy dogs!
PS: Don't forget to check out Grossinger's stunning photos in Healthcare Poverty and a Camera: How to Do it Right.